more Fire Safety Officers (FSO) may attend your event for the safeguarding of
life and property. An FSO may
be required for the following
- Public Assemblies in High-Rise Buildings
- Change of Use Public Assemblies In Buildings Not Classified by the Santa Monica Building Code For Public Assemblies
- All Fireworks Displays and/or Special Effects
- Fenced Outdoor Special Events
- City Owned Facilities
- Events With Generators Greater Than 2K
- Filming With More Than 49 People
- Tents With Greater Than 500 People
- Barker Hangar Events With More Than 299 People
- Any Event When Determined by Fire Marshal
Typically, the FSO is required to be on-site an hour before the event.
If you anticipate
needing an FSO, please complete the Fire Safety Officer Form found on our Application & Forms page.
Please note that
Fire Prevention will determine the number of Fire Safety Officers (FSOs)
needed. If the event takes place on more than one day, a separate request form
must be submitted for each day.
SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS & FORMS
Forms and applicable fees shall be submitted 3 business days in advance
of the event to ensure sufficient time for review and processing. All
applicable fees must be paid before a permit will be issued.
Santa Monica Fire
333 W. Olympic Dr., 2nd Floor
Santa Monica, CA 90401
7:30am - 4:30pm